In our schools you have 2 options.
You can learn weapons through our Self-Defense/Kung-Fu Program or you can choose to learn weapons exclusively in a class reserved only for weapon practice.
Weapon training is very popular because of these important points:
- Most weapons can be practiced on their own. No partner required.
- The skills you acquire in weapon training transfer seamlessly to other areas of martial arts (which is why most students choose to learn weapons side by side with their hand to hand combat skills learned in our Self-Defense/Kung-Fu Program)
- These skills are: speed, balance & coordination, power, body mechanics, natural flow, control, concentration and flexibility.
- If personal protection matters to you, the reality is, weapons are often used in assaults and violent attacks which is why you need to become comfortable and efficient at taking down your opponent who’s wielding one at you.
- From a self-mastery standpoint, moving weapons is the ideal form of meditation in movement. Deep concentration is achieved as well as body awareness that leaves you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Throughout history, knowing how to use weapons meant your survival, today master them for serenity, finesse and skill.
Choose between a variety of different weapons such as: The Single and Double Sticks (24 to 34 inches), the Blade, Tonfa, Bokken, Bo Staff (5 to 6 feet), Nunchaku, Karambit, Kubotan, Kris Swords, Jo Staff (4 feet), and the Telescopic Stick.
All you need to do now is choose which path you wish to take.
Fill out the form below if all you want to do is strictly learn weapons.